What is It?
Also called Spiritual Companionship or Mentoring, Spiritual Direction is a time-honored service that provides a compassionate space for your Soul to be heard. It is a context of Self-discovery and guidance that offers mature and loving support for your journey in life and, in some cases, death. Although the sessions may encompass support that approximates “life coaching,” Spiritual Direction emphasizes the needs and values of the Soul.
Modalities vary and may include deep listening, nature, prayer, contemplative practices, guided meditation, Jungian-oriented dreamwork, visualization, music, art, personal inventories and self-inquiries.
Meetings with your Spiritual Director usually occur on a regular basis for an hour, and you choose the frequency that is best for you: weekly, every other week, or monthly.
Dr. Fran Grace, M.Div., M.A., Ph.D.
Here are a few relevant credentials:
- —Certified Spiritual Director since 2000, from an intensive three-year certification training.
- —Certified in End-Of-Life and After Death care, with proficiency badges from NEDA.
- —Ph.D. in Religion from Princeton Theological Seminary, 1997.
- —Over 30 years of integrating diverse spiritual, contemplative, and psychological experiences.
- —Deeply familiar with many different religious and spiritual paths.
- —Experiential expertise in areas such as addiction and recovery, death and dying, grief and loss, contemplative and meditation practices, eco-spirituality, creative process, sexuality, marriage and divorce, and more.
- —Expertise in Jungian Dreamwork. Co-Facilitator of Dream Groups since 2013.
- —Personally mentored by some of the most illumined teachers of our time.
- You may view her full Spiritual Director Profile on the Spiritual Directors International (SDI) website.
Dr. Grace offers this service via phone or Zoom and, if circumstances allow, in-person.
You may schedule an appointment on our scheduling page.
If you would like more information about Spiritual Direction with Fran Grace, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief statement of interest.
The fee is $80 per hour, payable to Inner Pathway 501 (c) 3, immediately following your session, click here.
For general information about Spiritual Direction: Spiritual Directors International website.